Constellations Exploring Rage & Passion
Workshop Dates: 28th–29th November 2019
What is the relationship between rage and passion? They both form part of our essential life force, which we need to sustain our feeling of aliveness. Sadly, in life and at work, many people sacrifice their passion for the sake of feeling safe; they may also be afraid of the strength of their rage, the possibility of going out of control, or that their sexual passion may take them across boundaries they do not wish to cross. So instead, they subsume these powerful, life-giving energies and as a consequence often feel depressed, withdrawn, dissociated or emotionally ill. In this workshop we shall be exploring these forces of Rage and Passion in family, organisational and community life, and learning how to be with the creative and destructive potentials of each.
In Constellations work, we are often confronted by these forces and have an opportunity to embrace them fully in a safe, contained environment. This can be very liberating for the soul. This workshop provides an important opportunity for anyone interested in family and organisational constellations, to do their own personal work - this might include issues with self-esteem; with relationships; with work and career purpose or direction; with important life choices, directions and decisions; difficult team dynamics; on important project start-ups; on helping your business to thrive; issues with sexual expression; with aggression, and more…
Structure & Ethos
This highly participative programme will be structured around the exploration of ‘live’ issues brought by you as participants. Because of the sensitivities of exploring this subject, attention will be given to co-creating a safe and confidential working environment where deep personal enquiry can be fruitful. While the teaching style responds to the needs of the group as they arise, core content will include:
- Describing and understanding the primal forces of rage and passion, including their relationship to ‘Life Force’
- Creative adjustments to our experience of rage and passion – family rules and transgenerational influences on enacting or closing down these energies
- The safe expression of these energies and the need for containment
- Working with the Interrupted Reaching Out Movement (IROM)
- Parent and child, or sibling conflicts
- Rage and Passion in couples’ relationships
- Rage and Passion in Organisational life – the connection to ambition, drive, direction, creativity, team relationships and more
- For Constellations facilitators, how to deal with rage or passion in a constellation - the constellator’s responsibility
- Practicum work in pairs, small groups and as a whole group
Who should attend?
This workshop is for anyone who wishes to explore their experience of Rage and Passion. In particular, this workshop might benefit:
- People learning to become practitioners of Family and/or Organisational Constellations
- Coaches and consultants, mediators and managers, activists, educators, spiritual teachers and others whose work involves contact with these forces in social, organisational and family contexts
- Couples and individuals who wish to explore their connection to sexuality
- People experiencing lethargy, guilt, depression, and lacking focus, direction, drive…
No prior experience of constellations is required – participants are welcome who might be new to this work, as well as those who might have considerable experience of constellations.
For those clients wishing to explore life issues that relate to these themes, the main benefit is clearly deep insight into, and hopefully some resolution of, intractable difficulties relating to self, relationships, work and life.
For those practitioners learning to facilitate Constellations, the main benefits are an understanding (both psychological and systemic) of these primal forces and their creative and destructive potentials in our lives; clarity about how to facilitate a constellation when these forces are present; and personal insight in to one’s own experience of rage and passion. After some Constellations, time will be given for questions relating to technique, to enable people to learn about Constellations methods and practices.
Price & Refund Policy
The workshop fee for this non-residential programme is £380 (ex VAT) per person. In order to keep prices affordable, we do not offer refunds on cancelled places. It might be possible to transfer your place to another person you nominate, with sufficient notice. In exceptional circumstances we will consider offering you a place on another meus programme within 6 months of the date of your original booking.
£380 ex. VAT