Meus is committed to processing data in accordance with our responsibilities under GDPR legislation. This document summarises how we obtain, store and use information about you.
Data controller: Meus Europe Ltd.
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
- when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us, subscribing for our newsletter or placing an order on our website).
- from your use of our website, using cookies.
- Information we collect: name, contact details, IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), company name or business name (if applicable), and VAT number (if applicable).
- How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website), to improve our business and website, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights. We never sell or pass on your information to third parties.
- How long we retain your information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business). Information is reviewed every 5 years and deleted without your further consent.
- How we secure your information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, only granting access to your information where necessary.
- Your rights in relation to your information
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us.